Day 9 of my “Superhuman Project” (#SHP), Wednesday 14th Oct 2015:- What an awesome day!
Tim Ferriss's 4 Hour Body book lesson/s of the day:
- Use hyper-abbreviated training to compensate for mediocre recuperative abilities. This requires the application of self-control to do less! We are so conditioned to believe we need to do more to get more. This is not true in all cases and contexts.
My 3 F's – Fun, Flow and Flexibility helped me squeeze in a super productive freediving training session during coaching lunch break, which resulted in me setting a new personal best.
Here's the progress for day 9 of my superhuman project.
Measurements Recorded (on 13th Oct 2015)
*Note: I've decided to take measurements once per week, so the next set of measurements will be on the 20th.
Biceps (Left / Right) – 12.2 in / 12.2 in
Waist – 35.5 in
Hips – 39 in
Thighs (Left / Right) – 22 in / 22 in
Total Inches – 142.9 inches
*Note: These measurements were more accurate as I got help to measure the hard to measure areas like biceps. And, I began using specific points in the middle of each thigh to take measurements for consistency.
4 eggs – fried with tinge of butter.
2 slices of toast – white bread.
1 glass of water + apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp) + psyllium husk.
1 glass of water + spirulina powder (1 tsp).
Fried Rice – 1 cup.
Stir fried vegetables.
Chicken satay – 15 sticks.
Didn't have mid-morning or afternoon snacks today.
Hatha yoga – Yoga routine focused on opening up ribcage, shoulders, shoulder blades, and hips.
Freediving pool training:
- Warm up – 2 sets, 24 meters each, very slow, 1:25 min 1st set & 1:45 min 2nd set.
- Free immersion – 1st set 48 meters in 2:10 min. 2nd set 60m in 2:05 min. Doing back to back sets both exceeding 2 mins was the personal best! Before this I had only done more than 2 mins once.
- Dynamic no fins – 2 sets x 50m, about 1 min each set.
- Note – All training sets were done with approx. half filled lungs.