Day 11 of my “Superhuman Project” (#SHP), Friday 16th Oct 2015: – Disrupted sleep was a conscious decision. Woke up at 12am for a training call and then went back to sleep at 3am till 6am. Bit of a slow start to the day but nonetheless, after breakfast my energy returned and I'm coaching clients like I'm on fire now. During my lunch break I'll do some yoga first, and I've got my freediving training planned for about 4pm once my coaching day is finished.
Tim Ferriss's 4 Hour Body book lesson/s of the day:
- Exercise less frequently as you increase strength and size.
- You can often increase muscle mass well over 100% before reaching a genetic ceiling, but your recovery abilities might only improve 20-30% through enzymatic and immune system upregulation.
Remembering the 3 F's – Fun, Flow and Flexibility, allowed me to be flexible about when I do my yoga. I originally planned to do it in the morning but because I'm no longer attached to the belief of “I must do my yoga in the morning”, I chose to shift the time.
Here's the progress for day 11 of my superhuman project.
Measurements Recorded (on 13th Oct 2015)
*Note: I've decided to take measurements once per week, so the next set of measurements will be on the 20th.
Body weight – 77.3 kg (just an additional measurement because I had an initial goal of dropping to 75kg).
Biceps (Left / Right) – 12.2 in / 12.2 in
Waist – 35.5 in
Hips – 39 in
Thighs (Left / Right) – 22 in / 22 in
Total Inches – 142.9 inches
*Note: These measurements were more accurate as I got help to measure the hard to measure areas like biceps. And, I began using specific points in the middle of each thigh to take measurements for consistency.
4 eggs -half-boiled with little soy sauce and pepper (22g protein).
2 slices of toast – brown bread + organic honey spread on top.
1 glass of water + apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp) + psyllium husk.
1 glass of water + spirulina powder (1 tsp).
120g breaded fried fillet chicken (25g protein).
120g fried brown rice + 150g pumpkin (10g protein).
140g pumpkin + bak choy vegetables.
150g breaded chicken fillet fried (29g protein).
Mid morning (10:30am) – 140g homemade plain yogurt.
Mid afternoon – none.
Night – Half a quiche.
*Total protein for the day: 86g YAY!
Hatha yoga – Yoga routine focused on opening up ribcage, shoulders, shoulder blades, and hips.
Freediving pool training:
- Warm up – 2 sets, 24 meters each, very slow, 1:30 min 1st set & 1:35 min 2nd set.
- Stamina Free immersion – 1st set 48 meters in 1:30. 2nd set 48m in 1:20. 3rd, 4th and 5th set of 48m all in about 1:10. 6th set in 1:20. All stamina sets except last set was done on half-filled lungs.
- Dynamic no fins – 2 sets x 50m, about 1 min each set, rest between each set was 5 min.
- Today was a breakthrough day! Another personal best because all 6 stamina sets were 48m each!
- At the end also did a 72m set just for fun.