Day 18 of my “Superhuman Project” (#SHP), Friday 23rd Oct 2015:
- Once again this morning till mid afternoon I felt tired and sluggish.
- I'm still asking questions around this to figure out what is the cause. Is it because I'm not eating enough? Is it the white bread and white rice I've had the last 3 days (but last two weeks was fine even on days I had white rice)? Is my workout frequency (3 days per week) combined with freediving practice taking a toll?
- Gotta figure this lack of energy out.
Tim Ferriss's 4 Hour Body book lesson/s of the day:
- A calorie isn't just a calorie. Different sources of calories = different results.
- It's not what you put into your mouth that matters, it's what makes it to your bloodstream. If it passes through, it doesn't count.
- The hormonal responses to carbohydrates (CHO), protein and fat are different.
3 F's – Fun, Flow and Flexibility:
- Took a rest day today. Listened to my body. No freediving training either even though it would have been a freediving day.
Here's the progress for day 18 of my superhuman project.
Measurements Recorded (on 20th Oct 2015)
*Note: I've decided to take measurements once per week, so the next set of measurements will be on the 27th.
Body weight – 77.3 kg (just an additional measurement because I had an initial goal of dropping to 75kg).
Biceps (Left / Right) – 12.7 in / 13.0 in
Waist – 35.4 in
Hips – 38.0 in
Thighs (Left / Right) – 21.3 in / 21.3 in
Total Inches – 141.7 inches
- Both biceps increased in size a little bit.
- Waist is almost the same still.
- Hips reduced a bit.
- Thighs also reduced a bit.
- Looking good!
4 eggs -half-boiled with little soy sauce and pepper (22g protein).
2 slices of toast – brown bread.
1 glass of water + apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp) + psyllium husk.
Chicken rice – 150g chicken (40g protein) + 100g kai lan vegetables + 150g white rice.
200g pork loin meat (40g protein).
Morning snack (post workout) – small portion white rice + cucumber + satay peanut sauce.
*Total protein for the day: At least 106g.
No workout today.
Hatha yoga – None
Freediving training – Rest day.