Day 17 of my “Superhuman Project” (#SHP), Thursday 22nd Oct 2015:
- For whatever reason (maybe because of the 5.5 hour sleep), I felt tired this morning and in need of a nap. But I managed to turn that around rather quick as described below.
- My jog on the treadmill was great. Combined with my incantations and visualizations, the 20 min jog went by fast.
- Felt pretty tired in the afternoon too.
Tim Ferriss's 4 Hour Body book lesson/s of the day:
- Rule #1: Avoid white carbohydrates (or anything that can be white).
- Rule #2: Eat the same few meals over and over again.
- Rule #3: Don't drink calories.
- Rule #4: Don't eat fruit.
- Rule #5: Take one day off and eat whatever you want, go nuts!
3 F's – Fun, Flow and Flexibility:
- Although I was initially feeling tired and like wanting to take a nap, I listened to my body, laid down on the sofa, allowed my mind and eyes to almost shut down, and that was all that was needed. I got back just enough energy to feel like doing my workout. And the workout turned out great!
- Like I said before, the hardest part is getting your body moving a little. Once it's moving, it's super easy to keep going and in fact, you won't wanna stop!
Here's the progress for day 17 of my superhuman project.
Measurements Recorded (on 20th Oct 2015)
*Note: I've decided to take measurements once per week, so the next set of measurements will be on the 27th.
Body weight – 77.3 kg (just an additional measurement because I had an initial goal of dropping to 75kg).
Biceps (Left / Right) – 12.7 in / 13.0 in
Waist – 35.4 in
Hips – 38.0 in
Thighs (Left / Right) – 21.3 in / 21.3 in
Total Inches – 141.7 inches
- Both biceps increased in size a little bit.
- Waist is almost the same still.
- Hips reduced a bit.
- Thighs also reduced a bit.
- Looking good!
4 eggs -half-boiled with little soy sauce and pepper (22g protein).
2 slices of toast – brown bread.
1 glass of water + apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp) + psyllium husk.
Chicken rice – 130g chicken (35g protein) + 100g kai lan vegetables + 150g white rice.
200g pork loin meat (40g protein).
Morning snack (post workout) – small portion white rice + cucumber + satay peanut sauce.
*Total protein for the day: At least 97g.
Warm up jog (treadmill) – 9 km/hr or 6:40 min/km pace. The run felt so comfortable.
Push-ups – 3 sets x 25 reps, horizontal, body weight, narrow grip. With legs raised at about 20 degree angle.
Lat pull downs – 3 sets x 10 reps, 11 slabs of weight (not sure what each weighs), wide grip.
Leg extensions – 2 sets x 10 reps, 9 slabs of weight.
Dips – 2 sets x 10 reps, bodyweight.
Lunges – 2 sets x 10 reps, bodyweight.
Close grip supinated (palms facing me) pull downs – 2 sets x 10 reps, 11 slabs of weight.
*Note: It took 13:30 (13m 30s) to complete the above circuit of exercises.
Abdominal leg raises (modified) – 2 sets x 20 reps.
Side (double) leg raises – 1 set each side x 20 reps then hold for 20 secs.
Lying raised bent knee side twists – 20 reps each side.
*Note: It took 4:30 (4m 30s) to finish these ab exercises.
*Note: With the exception of the warm up treadmill jog and the ab leg raises, all other exercises were done circuit style, meaning I was switching from one exercise type to the next, in the order listed above. Timing of 1 minute per set/exercise was used. By completing the required reps well before the minute was up, the remainder of the minute was used as rest. On average, I had about 30 seconds rest before I began the next set/exercise.
Today I kept track of time better and the whole workout flowed because I felt an improvement of stamina to maintain the 1 minute cycles.
Total workout time: 19:00 (19m 00s).
Hatha yoga – Post workout yoga stretching done.
Freediving training – Rest day.