Day 20 of my “Superhuman Project” (#SHP), Sunday 25th Oct 2015:
- Not as tired this morning. So pretty good start to the day.
- Had eggs for breakfast, cleaned the house then hit the pool immediately.
- I have to say I really immersed in this binge day as much as I could (as you will see below by what I had to eat). I feel satisfied but definitely a little sick with all the carbs and sugar.
Tim Ferriss's 4 Hour Body book lesson/s of the day:
- Macadamia oil is the new and improved olive oil. Unlike olive oil it has a high smoking point (234 deg Celsius) and is suitable for all types of cooking. It has a longer shelf life. The fat in it is 80% monosaturated, the highest percentage in all cooking oils.
3 F's – Fun, Flow and Flexibility:
- Was creative in creating opportunities for my workout and also some progress to make in the pool with freediving although I wanted a rest day from freediving.
Here's the progress for day 20 of my superhuman project.
Measurements Recorded (on 20th Oct 2015)
*Note: I've decided to take measurements once per week, so the next set of measurements will be on the 27th.
Body weight – 77.3 kg (just an additional measurement because I had an initial goal of dropping to 75kg).
Biceps (Left / Right) – 12.7 in / 13.0 in
Waist – 35.4 in
Hips – 38.0 in
Thighs (Left / Right) – 21.3 in / 21.3 in
Total Inches – 141.7 inches
- Both biceps increased in size a little bit.
- Waist is almost the same still.
- Hips reduced a bit.
- Thighs also reduced a bit.
- Looking good!
4 eggs half-boiled with little soy sauce and pepper (22g protein).
2 slices wholemeal bread + little honey.
1 glass of water + apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp) + psyllium husk.
150g chicken breast (45g protein) + 150g salad
200g chicken breast (60g protein) + 150g salad.
*Total protein – 127g.
Warm up jog (treadmill) – 9 km/hr or 6:40 min/km pace. The run felt so comfortable.
Push-ups – 3 sets x 25 reps, horizontal, body weight, narrow grip. With legs raised at about 20 degree angle.
Lat pull downs – 3 sets x 10 reps, 11 slabs of weight (not sure what each weighs), wide grip.
Leg extensions – 2 sets x 10 reps, 9 slabs of weight.
Dips – 2 sets x 10 reps, bodyweight.
Lunges – 2 sets x 10 reps, bodyweight.
Close grip supinated (palms facing me) pull downs – 2 sets x 10 reps, 11 slabs of weight.
*Note: It took 13:30 (13m 30s) to complete the above circuit of exercises.
Abdominal leg raises (modified) – 2 sets x 20 reps.
Side (double) leg raises – 1 set each side x 20 reps then hold for 20 secs.
Lying raised bent knee side twists – 20 reps each side.
*Note: It took 4:30 (4m 30s) to finish these ab exercises.
*Note: With the exception of the warm up treadmill jog and the ab leg raises, all other exercises were done circuit style, meaning I was switching from one exercise type to the next, in the order listed above. Timing of 1 minute per set/exercise was used. By completing the required reps well before the minute was up, the remainder of the minute was used as rest. On average, I had about 30 seconds rest before I began the next set/exercise.
Today I kept track of time better and the whole workout flowed because I felt an improvement of stamina to maintain the 1 minute cycles.
Total workout time: 19:00 (19m 00s).
Hatha yoga – Post workout yoga stretching.
- Only did practice sets for head down equalizations.