Day 21 of my “Superhuman Project” (#SHP), Monday 26th Oct 2015:
- Woke up feeling better this morning.
- Had my eggs for breakfast but no bread this time. About an hour later I was feeling a little low on energy and felt like my blood sugar was low, so topped up breakfast with black beans. 30 mins later that seemed to have done the trick.
- Had an afternoon nap which restored energy for an express but productive freediving training session.
Tim Ferriss's 4 Hour Body book lesson/s of the day:
- For breakfast, I'd like to stop eating bread and instead do eggs and black beans / lentils /spinach. This would eliminate the wheat from my diet.
- Increased protein intake will decrease water retention, increase my metabolism by 20% and make my breakfast calories consist of at least 30% protein.
3 F's – Fun, Flow and Flexibility:
- Between coaching sessions and two kids, I had to be really creative today and REALLY want to train in the pool.
Here's the progress for day 21 of my superhuman project.
Measurements Recorded (on 20th Oct 2015)
*Note: I've decided to take measurements once per week, so the next set of measurements will be on the 27th.
Body weight – 77.3 kg (just an additional measurement because I had an initial goal of dropping to 75kg).
Biceps (Left / Right) – 12.7 in / 13.0 in
Waist – 35.4 in
Hips – 38.0 in
Thighs (Left / Right) – 21.3 in / 21.3 in
Total Inches – 141.7 inches
- Both biceps increased in size a little bit.
- Waist is almost the same still.
- Hips reduced a bit.
- Thighs also reduced a bit.
- Looking good!
4 eggs – half-boiled with little soy sauce and pepper (22g protein).
100g black beans (21g protein).
1 glass of water + apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp) + psyllium husk.
200g brown rice + 200g minced beef in tomato sauce (50g protein).
200g minced beef tomato sauce (50g protein) + 150g steamed long beans.
*Total protein – 143g protein.
Hatha yoga – None.
- (FIM) Free immersion warm up sets: – 1st set slow, 24m in 1:45. 2nd set slow 24m in 2:00. These warm up sets were all done with half-filled lungs. My mammalian reflex seems to be triggering faster nowadays. But my mind was really trying to give up on the first set itself. Pushed through though.
- (DYN) Dynamic with fins (full lungs): 3 sets of 50m, each set took about 0:50 (50 seconds) and felt pretty comfortable. Had a lot more gas in the tank it felt like. In fact between the 2nd and 3rd set I only gave myself 1 min rest. Next stamina session, I must try out dynamic with fins and see how I go.
- Equalization practice: Did multiple sets of full lung, half lung and forceful exhale equalization sets. Huge improvement from yesterday and can equalization in all 3 conditions head down. I'm happy with this!