Superhuman Project – 2mm Shifts To Create Breakthroughs & Success (Play)
Day 38 of my “Superhuman Project” (#SHP), Thursday 12th Nov 2015:
- Sleep: 1am till 7am.
- Mind/head feels a bit heavy.
- Did my breathing exercises first then ate. Yoga later.
- Had a 30m nap from 4:30 to 5pm. Then hit the gym.
Tim Ferriss's 4 Hour Body book lesson/s of the day:
- No reading done. Didn't bring the book on this trip.
3 F's – Fun, Flow and Flexibility:
- Flexibility to adjust my yoga/breathing exercises/eating routine in order start the day the best I can.
- Flowing with what my body presents me with in freediving. Taking a slower and more relaxed approach is giving me greater fulfillment on dives rather than simply trying to push.
Here's the progress for day 38 of my superhuman project.
Measurements Recorded (on 27th Oct 2015)
Body weight – 76.4 kg (just an additional measurement because I had an initial goal of dropping to 75kg).
Biceps (Left / Right) – 13.0 in / 13.0 in
Waist – 34.5 in
Hips – 38.2 in
Thighs (Left / Right) – 21.4 in / 21.7 in
Total Inches – 143.4 inches
- Both biceps stayed the same.
- Waist reduced by what seems like 0.9 inch.
- Hips almost the same.
- Thighs increased a little.
- Looking good!
1 glass of water + 1 tsp wheatgrass powder.
4 hard-boiled eggs + 70g canned tuna.
- Had breakfast at 8:30am. This has been tending to work well with the freediving since by the time we actually begin dives it's 11:30am or so. If I have breakfast about 8am (no later than 8:30am) it gives my body about 3 hours to digest the high protein breakfast.
1/2 portion green salad.
Noodle soup with pork.
1 medium beef burrito.
Evening snack (6pm – post workout):
- 1.5 scoops whey protein powder with water.
- 1 small banana goji snack.
Evening snack (9pm):
- 1 coconut shake.
- 1 mango lime shake.
- Post workout yoga.
- 30 mins of breathing exercises.
Freediving training (Open Water Training):
- FIM (warm up sets): 1st slow 15m in 2:20. 2nd set 26m in 1:37.
- FIM: 1 set faster, 29m in 1:44.
- CWT: 1 set 26m in 1:13.
- FIM (slow dive focused on longer time): 26m in 2:33! Breakthrough (longest time ever)!!
- FIM (slow dive focused on longer time and also depth): 31m in 2:27! Breakthrough again (longest time ever)!!
- FIM (fun dive): 32m (end of line) in 1:46. This is the 2nd time ever I'm getting to 32m.
- Such an awesome fulfilling freediving experience today. From the first dive itself I was much more relaxed all the way down compared to any other day before.
- Also remembering to make a simple 2mm adjustment while free falling at depth by bringing my shoulder forward and rounded made a huge difference on staying relaxed enough to equalize.
- Huge breakthrough day today!!
Strength Training (gym):
Warm up jog: – No warm up jog today. Got straight to the workout routine after some light stretching.
Push ups: – 3 sets x 25 reps, horizontal, body weight, narrow grip. With legs raised at about 30 degree angle.
Pull ups (palms face away): – 3 sets x 10 reps, body weight (76kg), wide grip.
Leg extensions: 2 sets x 10 reps of 60kg.
Dips: – 2 sets x 10 reps, body weight.
Lunges: – 2 sets x 10 reps, body weight.
Close grip supinated (palms facing me) pull ups: – 2 sets x 10 reps, body weight (76kg).
Abdominal leg raises (modified): – 2 sets x 20 reps.
Side (double) leg raises: – 1 set each side x 20 reps then hold for 20 secs.
Lying raised bent knee side twists: – 20 reps each side.
Total workout time: 19:00. Felt much better and had more energy. My body is getting used to freediving and then strength training after. The power nap helped too.