Superhuman Project – Freediving Training (Click Play)
Day 41 of my “Superhuman Project” (#SHP), Sunday 15th Nov 2015:
- Sleep: 11pm till 6:30am. The solid sleep portion was till 4:30am, then it was light sleep.
- Woke up feeling great regardless and began with yoga, breathing exercises and nutrition.
- Doing spiritual clearing work in the morning also helps prepare me to attract wonderful experiences.
Tim Ferriss's 4 Hour Body book lesson/s of the day:
- No reading done. Didn't bring the book on this trip.
3 F's – Fun, Flow and Flexibility:
- The first dive today wasn't good. My mind was too noisy. Before the next five I reminded myself to have fun. And I did, for all the subsequent dives.
Here's the progress for day 41 of my superhuman project.
Measurements Recorded (on 27th Oct 2015)
Body weight – 76.4 kg (just an additional measurement because I had an initial goal of dropping to 75kg).
Biceps (Left / Right) – 13.0 in / 13.0 in
Waist – 34.5 in
Hips – 38.2 in
Thighs (Left / Right) – 21.4 in / 21.7 in
Total Inches – 143.4 inches
- Both biceps stayed the same.
- Waist reduced by what seems like 0.9 inch.
- Hips almost the same.
- Thighs increased a little.
- Looking good!
1 glass of water + 1 tsp wheatgrass powder.
4 hard-boiled eggs + 70g canned tuna + sunflower kernel seeds.
- Had breakfast at 8:30am. This seems to be working well.
- Also, just before heading out to the boat at about 11am, it helps when I have a small portion of sunflower kernel seeds. This keeps my energy at more sustainable levels.
1/2 portion rice + panang chicken curry.
Medium portion pasta with tomato sauce.
Evening snack (6pm):
- 1 latte.
- 1/2 slice cheese cake.
Evening snack (9pm):
- 1 beer.
- 30 min yoga routine.
- 30 mins of breathing exercises.
Freediving training (Open Water Training):
- FIM (warm up sets): 1st slow 12m in 1:35 (noisy mind). 2nd set 20m (self limited) in 2:47 (New P.B!!). 3rd set 28m in 1:33 (relaxed normal speed).
- CWT: 28m (end of line) in 1:15, relaxed and equalization work well. Free fall was nice.
- CNF (mask): 28m in 1:21, end of the line!
- FIM (slow dive): 28m in 2.33.
- FIM (slow dive): 28m in 2.39 (new P.B. for depth and time).
- Breakthrough today was doing multiple sets of 28m (end of line) in a row. Equalization was very manageable even at last couple of meters.
Strength Training (gym):
Warm up jog: – No warm up jog today. Got straight to the workout routine after some light stretching.
Push ups: – 3 sets x 25 reps, horizontal, body weight, narrow grip. With legs raised at about 30 degree angle.
Pull ups (palms face away): – 3 sets x 10 reps, body weight (76kg), wide grip.
Leg extensions: 2 sets x 10 reps of 60kg.
Dips: – 2 sets x 10 reps, body weight.
Lunges: – 2 sets x 10 reps, body weight.
Close grip supinated (palms facing me) pull ups: – 2 sets x 10 reps, body weight (76kg).
Abdominal leg raises (modified): – 2 sets x 20 reps.
Side (double) leg raises: – 1 set each side x 20 reps then hold for 20 secs.
Lying raised bent knee side twists: – 20 reps each side.
Total workout time: 19:00. Felt much better and had more energy. My body is getting used to freediving and then strength training after. The power nap helped too.