Day 16 of my “Superhuman Project” (#SHP), Wednesday 21st Oct 2015:
- Full on coaching day today.
- Managed to do a quick freediving training session in the pool on the lunch break. It was probably the most challenging training session I've had in the last two weeks but because I broke through and completed it, it turned out to be the most mentally strengthening and rewarding.
- Meal plan was not followed well today because I had to rush my eating during lunch break (lunch break was used up for freediving training).
- As a result of probably the improper nutrition intake during lunch I really felt an energy slump at about 4:30pm onwards to about 6pm. That was the lowest energy I've felt since beginning this superhuman project a couple of weeks ago.
- Dinner was also not really a complete meal. But I did very naturally (didn't feel forced) avoid the temptation to binge on dessert or anything else even though we had a guest over. That's a win!
Tim Ferriss's 4 Hour Body book lesson/s of the day:
- It's better to take an additional 1 to 3 days off the workout routine than to half-ass a workout with different equipment that makes it impossible to determine progress. There's nothing to be lost by an additional 1 to 3 days of rest.
- The other solution is to always use free weights with standard Olympic barbells, as these will be universal and comparable between facilities.
Remembering the 3 F's – Fun, Flow and Flexibility today really helped me get resourceful and follow through with my commitment with freediving training during the 1 hour lunch break. The compressed training time available increased pressure and stress during my performance but I completed the training.
Here's the progress for day 16 of my superhuman project.
Measurements Recorded (on 20th Oct 2015)
*Note: I've decided to take measurements once per week, so the next set of measurements will be on the 27th.
Body weight – 77.3 kg (just an additional measurement because I had an initial goal of dropping to 75kg).
Biceps (Left / Right) – 12.7 in / 13.0 in
Waist – 35.4 in
Hips – 38.0 in
Thighs (Left / Right) – 21.3 in / 21.3 in
Total Inches – 141.7 inches
- Both biceps increased in size a little bit.
- Waist is almost the same still.
- Hips reduced a bit.
- Thighs also reduced a bit.
- Looking good!
4 half-boiled eggs + 2 slices bread with little honey.
1 glass of water + apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp) + psyllium husk.
150g fish ball.
1 medium sized quiche.
4 small sticks of satay.
150g of pork stew.
1.5 glasses of red wine.
Morning snack – 100g tuna
Afternoon snack – 200g fish ball.
*Total protein for the day: Not recorded well today.
Freediving training (pool):
- Free immersion – 2 warm up sets (slow) of 24m each. 1st set 1:40. 2nd set 1:50.
- Free immersion stamina 6 sets (48m each) – Pretty much powered through every set except the first set. Mentally felt very tough today. First 4 sets were done with half-filled lungs. Last 2 sets were done with full lungs. Felt like giving up on 3rd set BUT I completed it! Major psychological win!!