Day 15 of my “Superhuman Project” (#SHP), Tuesday 20th Oct 2015:
- Not a coaching day so had more mental space to look after kids and fit in time for my workouts.
- Workout felt great today. Definitely stronger and have more stamina because I'm flowing to the next sets quicker and with more “gas in the tank”. And plus, I finished the overall workout session a good 2 mins quicker.
- On the treadmill, I get both a mental and physical workout. Doing my incantations on the treadmill is making me feel great, more positive and smile.
- Moving your body is always the best way to create more empowering emotions!
- Unplanned freediving pool practice resulted in another breakthrough day!! YAY!
Tim Ferriss's 4 Hour Body book lesson/s of the day:
- I did not read today.
3 F's – Fun, Flow and Flexibility – flowing with the kids and the day's demands is an invaluable skill.
Here's the progress for day 15 of my superhuman project.
Measurements Recorded (on 20th Oct 2015)
*Note: I've decided to take measurements once per week, so the next set of measurements will be on the 27th.
Body weight – 77.3 kg (just an additional measurement because I had an initial goal of dropping to 75kg).
Biceps (Left / Right) – 12.7 in / 13.0 in
Waist – 35.4 in
Hips – 38.0 in
Thighs (Left / Right) – 21.3 in / 21.3 in
Total Inches – 141.7 inches
- Both biceps increased in size a little bit.
- Waist is almost the same still.
- Hips reduced a bit.
- Thighs also reduced a bit.
- Looking good!
4 eggs -half-boiled with little soy sauce and pepper (22g protein).
2 slices of toast – brown bread.
1 glass of water + apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp) + psyllium husk.
Chicken rice – 80g chicken (17g protein) + 150g kai lan vegetables + 150g white rice.
150g grilled fish (30g protein).
150g homemade pork meatballs (17g protein).
Medium portion salad.
*Total protein for the day: At least 86g.
Warm up jog (treadmill) – 9 km/hr or 6:40 min/km pace. The run felt so comfortable.
Push-ups – 3 sets x 25 reps, horizontal, body weight, narrow grip. With legs raised at about 20 degree angle.
Lat pull downs – 3 sets x 10 reps, 11 slabs of weight (not sure what each weighs), wide grip.
Leg extensions – 2 sets x 10 reps, 9 slabs of weight.
Dips – 2 sets x 10 reps, bodyweight.
Lunges – 2 sets x 10 reps, bodyweight.
Close grip supinated (palms facing me) pull downs – 2 sets x 10 reps, 11 slabs of weight.
*Note: It took 13:40 (13m 40s) to complete the above circuit of exercises.
Abdominal leg raises (modified) – 2 sets x 20 reps.
Side (double) leg raises – 1 set each side x 20 reps then hold for 20 secs.
Lying raised bent knee side twists – 20 reps each side.
*Note: It took 3:20 (3m 20s) to finish these ab exercises.
*Note: With the exception of the warm up treadmill jog and the ab leg raises, all other exercises were done circuit style, meaning I was switching from one exercise type to the next, in the order listed above. Timing of 1 minute per set/exercise was used. By completing the required reps well before the minute was up, the remainder of the minute was used as rest. On average, I had about 30 seconds rest before I began the next set/exercise.
Today I kept track of time better and the whole workout flowed because I felt an improvement of stamina to maintain the 1 minute cycles.
Total workout time: 18:20 (18m 20s) again.
Hatha yoga – Post workout yoga stretching done.
Freediving training (pool):
- Free immersion: 2 warm up sets (24m each), 1:20 and 1:40 respectively.
- Free immersion: 24m in 2:05. 36m in 2:05. 48m in 2:05. 60m in 2:01.
- Definitely a new breakthrough day with these many back to back sets over 2:00 dive time! Love it!!