Day 22 of my “Superhuman Project” (#SHP), Tuesday 27th Oct 2015:
- 6 hours or less sleep but feeling good.
- Delayed breakfast by about an hour so was already a bit dizzy by the time I had breakfast. Once the breakfast kicked in I felt fine.
- Workout was awesome!
Tim Ferriss's 4 Hour Body book lesson/s of the day:
- The forbidden fruit: Frustose.
3 F's – Fun, Flow and Flexibility:
- Was creative in creating opportunities for my workout and also some progress to make in the pool with freediving although I wanted a rest day from freediving.
Here's the progress for day 22 of my superhuman project.
Measurements Recorded (on 27th Oct 2015)
*Note: I've decided to take measurements once per week, so the next set of measurements will be on 3rd Nov.
Body weight – 76.4 kg (just an additional measurement because I had an initial goal of dropping to 75kg).
Biceps (Left / Right) – 13.0 in / 13.0 in
Waist – 34.5 in
Hips – 38.2 in
Thighs (Left / Right) – 21.4 in / 21.7 in
Total Inches – 143.4 inches
- Both biceps stayed the same.
- Waist reduced by what seems like 0.9 inch.
- Hips almost the same.
- Thighs increased a little.
- Looking good!
4 eggs half-boiled with little soy sauce and pepper (22g protein).
100g boiled black beans (21g protein).
1 glass of water + apple cider vinegar (1 tbsp) + psyllium husk.
200g ground beef tomato sauce (42g protein) + 100g brown rice + small portion of salad.
200g ground beef tomato sauce (42g protein) + 150g salad.
Morning snack (post workout) – 2 whole fruit.
Afternoon snack – 80g tuna (20g protein).
*Total protein – 147g.
Warm up jog (treadmill) – 9 km/hr or 6:40 min/km pace. The run felt so comfortable.
Push-ups – 3 sets x 25 reps, horizontal, body weight, narrow grip. With legs raised at about 20 degree angle.
Lat pull downs – 3 sets x 10 reps, 11 slabs of weight (not sure what each weighs), wide grip.
Leg extensions – 2 sets x 10 reps, 9 slabs of weight.
Dips – 2 sets x 10 reps, bodyweight.
Lunges – 2 sets x 10 reps, bodyweight.
Close grip supinated (palms facing me) pull downs – 2 sets x 10 reps, 11 slabs of weight.
*Note: It took 13:30 (13m 30s) to complete the above circuit of exercises.
Abdominal leg raises (modified) – 2 sets x 20 reps.
Side (double) leg raises – 1 set each side x 20 reps then hold for 20 secs.
Lying raised bent knee side twists – 20 reps each side.
*Note: It took 4:15 (4m 15s) to finish these ab exercises. That's a 15 sec improvement due to quick transitions into the next exercise or set.
*Note: With the exception of the warm up treadmill jog and the ab leg raises, all other exercises were done circuit style, meaning I was switching from one exercise type to the next, in the order listed above. Timing of 1 minute per set/exercise was used. By completing the required reps well before the minute was up, the remainder of the minute was used as rest. On average, I had about 30 seconds rest before I began the next set/exercise.
Today I kept track of time better and the whole workout flowed because I felt an improvement of stamina to maintain the 1 minute cycles.
Total workout time: 18:30 (18m 30s). That's about as fast as it can get if I maintain the 1 min block time for each exercise set.
Hatha yoga – Post workout yoga stretching.
- (FIM) Free immersion warm up sets: 1st set slow 24m in 1:48. 2nd set slow 24m in 2:10.
- (DYN) Dynamic with fins: Stamina training – Only managed to do 4 sets. Must increase lactic acid tolerance in quadriceps because they were really feeling it. Psychologically and physically, using legs is quite different than when doing FIM stamina training.